… Read More
- The UK government considered creating a wave machine in order to stop migrants crossing the English Channel to the UK from France.
- The Financial Times on Wednesday reported that the Home Office discussed a plan to install boats with pumps generating waves in the Channel.
- The idea was dismissed due to the risk that they would cause small boats to capsize.
- The UK is currently experiencing record numbers of people claiming asylum who are crossing the Channel from France, with 7,000 people estimated to have arrived in the UK in small boats this year.
- Labour’s shadow home secretary said: ‘This is a vile example of how degraded an environment the Tories have created.’
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The UK government has considered plans to build wave machines designed to stop migrants crossing the English Channel