- President Donald Trump blasted demonstrators who organized in Portland on Sunday evening.
- “Put these animals in jail, now,” he tweeted Monday morning. “The Radical Left only knows how to take advantage of very dumb ‘leadership’ fools. This is Biden! Law & Order!”
- People gathered in the Oregon city for an event called “Indigenous Peoples Day of Rage Against Colonialism” to protest Columbus Day and toppled two statues of former presidents.
- Trump also tweeted that New York and California have gone “to hell.”
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
President Donald Trump doubled down on his “law and order” campaign rhetoric on Monday morning by denouncing protestors in Portland, Oregon, and calling for their arrests after some of them toppled two statues on Sunday night.
“Put these animals in jail, now,” Trump said on Monday morning in a retweeted video of the protests. “The Radical Left only knows how to