Are you ready for a night out at the movies? The Louisville Film Society is making a night at the movies possible with a series of socially-distanced Family Film Nights held on the lawn at the Mellwood Arts Center, 1860 Mellwood Ave.
Get ready to watch “Black Panther” on Friday followed by “The Princess Bride” on Oct. 24, “Coco” on Oct. 30 and “Goonies” on Nov. 6.
“We’ve painted six-foot pods in the grass for groups of four to safely watch the films,” said Soozie Eastman, president of the Louisville Film Society. “Bring a blanket to spread out or folding chairs or both since it’s getting chillier at night.”
Each pod is separated by an additional 6 feet from the next pod to ensure plenty of social distancing. Bring a picnic dinner or purchase food and drinks from the restaurant at Mellwood Art Center.
“This is a free event but we welcome a $20 donation per pod for the Film Society,” Eastman said.
You may like: Louisville Orchestra pays tribute to Breonna Taylor with ‘A Concert for Healing’
Advanced reservations are required and will become available a week before each screening Friday at noon. Reserve your ticket at facebook.com/louisvillefilmsociety.
The animated film “Coco” will be the first movie Friday night for the “Movies on Main” drive-in theater being set up in downtown Hyannis. (Photo: DISNEY-PIXAR)
Here’s everything else you need to know about the event:
Family Film Night at Mellwood Art Center:
- Doors open at 7 p.m. Film starts 15 minutes after sundown — roughly 8 p.m.
- Masks are required when walking into the screening lawn space and when using the restrooms but you are welcome to take your mask off once you are in your pod.
- Children under 12 are welcome to the screening but must be able to stay within their assigned pod unless accompanied by an adult while leaving the screening lawn space.
- Everyone is asked to do their best to maintain a social distance of 6 feet from anyone outside of their group for the duration of the event.
- In the event of rain, or temperatures under 40 degrees, the screening will be canceled.
Reach Kirby Adams at [email protected] or Twitter @kirbylouisville. Support strong local journalism by subscribing today: courier-journal.com/kirbya.
Read or Share this story: https://www.courier-journal.com/story/entertainment/events/things-to-do/2020/10/07/louisville-film-society-hosts-outdoor-family-movie-nights-2020/5903073002/